IT’S FREE TO JOIN - BUT LIMITED TO 75 RUNNERS
Hard Lines and Saysky are teaming up again once more - and we now invite all the local runners of Cardiff to join us for the next instalment of the Sub Rosa street race. It goes down on August 28th. It’s free to join, but given the unsanctioned nature of the series, spots are limited to 100 runners. First come. First serve.
EXCLUSIVE SUB ROSA SINGLET - AUGUST 5TH
We’ve designed a limited edition race singlet (only 100 pieces up for grabs) to mark our friendship and the premiere edition of Sub Rosa on Welsh turf. The singlets are already available for sale from the Saysky webshop - so hop on over there to get yours and then register for the race while you’re at it.
Trust us, it’s really really really good stuff!
PRACTICAL RACE INFORMATION
It'll require navigational skills and local city knowledge. In order to win, you'll need to be quick on your feet and even quicker with your decisions. Look below for all the practical details:
- Checkpoint 0: Hard Lines Cafe
- Check-in: no later than 18.30
- Race briefing: 18.40
- Race start: 18.45
- You'll need to track down a couple of checkpoints in a specific order to complete the city-based course.
- The first checkpoint will be provided during the race briefing, shortly before takeoff.
- There is no fixed course or path to follow. It's up to you to find the fastest way to the checkpoints through the city.
- The distance will be somewhere between 5k - 10k. It depends on the number of checkpoints and how well you can navigate the city.
- Once you reach a checkpoint, you'll get a mark on your wristband so we can see that you've been there.
- At each checkpoint, you'll be informed about the location of the next checkpoint.
- You'll start and finish in the same place (Checkpoint 0).
- The first man and woman to return back with all checkpoint marks wins.
We expect you to locate the checkpoints without the assistance of your smartphones. If you're in doubt, you can always ask around. Our checkpoint staff can also point you in the right direction if you look overly confused.
But don't worry too much - we've only picked well-known locations in the city. If you're still struggling, then we suggest keeping up with someone who knows their way around the block and then beat them on the final stretch.
Please arrive ready to roll, but you can leave your personal belongings safely at checkpoint 0.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
You'll have a lot of fun, while battling with the other runners about being the fastest street racer in town. The fastest man and woman will be rewarded with goodies from Hard Lines and Saysky. There's also a bonus reward for the runner who completes the course with the fewest kilometers to his/her name.
For questions: email@example.com
You'll be taking on the city with no guidance, course or anyone looking out for you. We expect to you respect the general traffic rules and be extremely aware of your surroundings. Running through the city comes with risks, however, as experienced city runners, you're well acquainted with these and you know how to get from A to B safely. By signing up to this race, you accept that SAYSKY cannot be held accountable for any damages or injuries that you may cause or sustain before, during or after the race. Taking part in the SASKY Sub Rosa Race is at your own risk.